LUMPIANG SARIWA WITH PEANUT SAUCE
- 8 (250 g) pc lettuce leaves
- 1 (250 g) pc ubod (coconut pith), thinly sliced and blanched
- 1 (100 g) pc carrot, thinly sliced and blanched
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp iodized fine salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 pc egg
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 (170 g) jar SKIPPY® CHUNKY PEANUT BUTTER
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine wrapper ingredients and stir batter until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Heat crepe or non-stick pan, and place 1/4 cup of batter. Tilt pan in a circular motion to create a round crepe. Cook for about 15 seconds per side. Repeat with the remaining batter. Stack cooked crepes in between sheets of wax paper.
- To make sauce, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Place a pre-cut wax paper on a plate and then a piece of lumpia wrapper. Arrange 2 pieces lettuce leaves, ubod, and carrot in the center of lumpia wrapper, and then fold sides and bottom of wrapper. Drizzle with or serve sauce on the side.