30 minutes + 3 hours boiling
- 1/2 kg beef cubes
- 1/2 kg beef tripe, washed 3 times and cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 (100 g) pc ginger, peeled and quartered
- 1 (4 cups) L water, enough to cover meat
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp acheute seeds
- 1 (100 g) pc onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely crushed
- 1 (170 g) jar SKIPPY® CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- 1/4 tsp iodized fine salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 (200 g) pc eggplant, cut into 1/2” slices
- 1 (120 g) bundle sitaw, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 (120 g each) bundles pechay Tagalog, ends trimmed
- Place beef, tripe, and ginger in a stock pot. Fill with enough water to cover meat. Cover and boil over low to medium heat for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Adjust amount of water as needed. Strain meat, discard ginger, and reserve 2 cups broth from boiling meat.
- In a pot, heat oil and sauté achuete seeds until color leaks out. Discard achuete seeds. Sauté onion and garlic. Stir in peanut butter and reserved broth. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add boiled meat and cook for another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add eggplant and sitaw and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Add pechay and cook until pechay leaves turn bright in color.
Use a pressure cooker to cut cooking time to tenderize meat.
Serve the dish with sautéed bagoong