CREAMY CALDERETA WITH PEANUT BUTTER
30 minutes + 1.5 hours
- 2 tbsp COOKBEST COCONUT OIL
- 1 (100 g) pc onion, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 (200 g) pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 1 kg MONTEREDY BEEF SHORT RIBS or BEEF CUBES, sliced into 2×2 inch chunks
- 1 (4 cups) L water
- 1 (85 g) can PUREFOODS LIVER SPREAD
- 2 (200 g each) packs tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 kg potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/4 kg carrots, cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp iodized fine salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 (170 g) jar SKIPPY® CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- 1/4 cup pitted green olives, sliced in half
- 1 (50 g) pc red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 (50 g) pc green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 pc siling labuyo, sliced
- In a pot, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add meat and sauté for 5 minutes then add water. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Add more water as needed.
- Add liver spread, tomato sauce, soy sauce, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in peanut butter, olives, bell peppers, and sili. Cook for 3 more minutes.
Use a pressure cooker to cut cooking time to tenderize meat
Add cheese for added creaminess and temper heat from sili